Written By Chris "Stace" Stacey
04 June, 2009 10:19 AM
Welcome Michael "tal" Miragliotta, thanks for joining us to answer a few questions. First up I thought I would play some get to know ENCORE, could you introduce your team and give us a quick run down of their main roles within the team.
Well first up we have TheOne who is without doubt our impact player. He will normally bolt, but he is proficient with any gun. When he's on song watch out for him to single handedly win round after round.
Second is Buczy our sniper, very patient and very quick is what comes to mind first. The rest of us like to move around and peek, but buczy will wait for you and he will kill you because you are simply not fast enough to kill him. (1/16)
Third is extacy constantly pulling out big round winning frags using any choice of gun. He does most of the strat calls for ENCORE.
Next is carboz, all I can say is headshots. An absolute machine with the bar and mp44, I would go as far to say the best mp44 in auscod.
Lastly is me, I can say much for myself but currently I'm the bottom bandit. The ENCORE theory is as follows, if I'm on bottom that means everyone else is playing good therefore we win.
Obez is also in the team as a backup player.
• When Call of Duty: World at War arose, your team made the swap from one of the most respected multi gaming organisations, Qlimax, to ENCORE who are as highly respected. What were your team's reasons for making the switch? Have you enjoyed being apart of ENCORE?
At the time Qlimax seemed to die down a bit and we had an opportunity come up with encore. They have a lot of stuff in store so we decided to make the move. So far the ENCORE management has been great.
• ENCORE have been the favorites in the communities eyes to take out the money for GotGames-Professional CEVO competition. Results of late have been swinging closely in favor of your opposition. What has been ENCORE's reaction to this?
Firstly with the departure of Wazza we completely stopped playing for a while due to just not having a full core5, coupled with the fact of three teams calling it quits when CEVO was days away from starting had almost killed our flame for the game.
Luckily we picked up Carboz who has fit into the core5 nicely, although we still didn't practice all that much. We got a huge wake up call when losing to Rhythm and Qlimax, just because the community thinks we will win doesn't mean we should think the same.
We recently rekindled our fire I believe with the entire team wanting to play and wanting to win.
• It's been over a year since the Call of Duty series has seen some of the close competition that World at War is. Who do you see as your main rivals to the throne? Which players are of most concern to you?
Qlimax are definitely our rivals this season, we've had a lot of close games with them. The two stand out players to us are firewizard (Rhythm) and Millah (Qlimax), both players win crucial rounds and also make us rage haha.
• CEVO is entering round 5 this week, with the first custom map to be played being Burgundy. What are your opinions on the choice of map this week? What other maps would you like to see for future rounds?
Burgundy was a bit of a surprise to be honest, no discussion with the CEVO teams at all. I don't mind that much because most of ENCORE used to play cod2, so we should have a good mindset on that map. I really wouldn't mind playing Nightfire or Station, those maps aren't that bad in my opinion.
• The hot news regarding warmod for World at War has been the shotgun. With the recent decision being to remove it, are you in favor of this decision? How do you think this change will affect the competition and game play?
I wanted the shotgun gone from the start, so did 90% of the community from what I could tell, don't really know why it was left in there for so long. The game is much more balanced now; the shotgun controlled too many maps.
• Thanks for your time this evening and good luck to you and your team in the rest of GotGames-Professional CEVO competition!