Pro Member

GGLive

[GUIDE] Autoconnect to Ventrilo channel + G15 Extra

Just a handy function for those who want to automatically connect to a server (and a default channel if wanted + password). Using this you can just have a folder ie. Ventrilo Servers and shortcuts to each server you want to connect to by just double clicking it. For all of these you will need to create a shortcut.

SHORTCUTS

To make a shortcut:
    Right click where you want the shortcut to be made then go to New -> Shortcut. Now you have to enter the pathway which we will go through now:

Auto-connect to server
    Code:
    ventrilo://vent.ausnetservers.com.au:4251/servername=AusNet
    Replace vent.ausnetservers.com.au with your server IP/hostname.
    Replace 4251 with your server port.
    Replace AusNet with the name you want the server to be displayed (make sure it is unique ie. don't have the same name as another server that you have saved)

Auto-connect to server + default channel without password
    In this case the channel is nested within two other channels and the first channel has a SPACE in it so we will have to replace the space with the code %20 because shortcuts can only read that instead of spaces.
    So our channel path would be: CS%20Source/#teamownage/lounge
    This means there is a parent channel called "CS Source" then a smaller channel "#teamownage" inside that, and again inside that is the lounge channel.
    Code:
     ventrilo://vent.ausnetservers.com.au:4251/servername=AusNet&channelname=CS%20Source/#teamownage/lounge
    Replace AusNet with the name you want the server to be displayed (make sure it is unique ie. don't have the same name as another server that you have saved)
    Replace CS%20Source/#teamownage/lounge with your own channel pathway.

Auto-connect to server + default channel with a password
    Code:
     ventrilo://vent.ausnetservers.com.au:4251/servername=AusNet&channelname=CS%20Source/#teamownage/lounge&channelpassword=fakepasshere
    Replace fakepasshere with your own channel password.

G15 Keyboard Shortcuts
    To do this all you have to do is use the same shortcuts as shown above and instead of making a windows shortcut, add a shortcut to a key on your G15.
    To do this, open the G15 Keyboard Profiler.
    Then choose the key you want to use and press Assign Shortcut. Then just enter the shortcut into there.

Cheers.

GGLive

hey i want some credit but yes, this is heaps good cause now your in CSS and someone says come vent.

BAM you just turn around and push your G1 button and it auto connects and joins the server for you :_)

Pro Member

GGLive

Quote Originally Posted by fury View Post
    hey i want some credit but yes, this is heaps good cause now your in CSS and someone says come vent.

BAM you just turn around and push your G1 button and it auto connects and joins the server for you :_)
    Credits to fury for asking me how to do this so I thought about it

GGLive

Too bad I don't have a G15. Deathadder ftw.

GGLive

Hey there! I found this thread after google searching 'ventrilo auto start auto connect'. I'm trying to make it so when I boot up my computer it forwards me to my vent server automatically, I started making a shortcut like you said, but don't have a lot of experience with this stuff and wondering if anyone could help me out a bit more?

How would I go about setting ventrilo to auto start in windows xp and automatically connect without any key strokes?

Sorry if I'm digging up an old thread, but it's on topic

Hope you can help

GGLive

I coded this into a shortcut in my documents tited 'auto vent connect'

"ventrilo://vent.thehighclan.org:4321/servername=THC&channelname=The%20Admin%20Channels/Skizz%60s%20Mormon%20Farm&channelpassword=bong"

It just asks what program I want to open the shortcut... even if I select Vent and click use this program everytime, it still won't work... do I need to put the shortcut within my vent folder? Please I hope someone can help me, I did some searching and found that the ' character is %60... I thought it would work but still no go, please help!

wob

GGLive

Cool.
    What happens if theres a password to the actual vent server?
    Like if i have admin to a server and i have to login with a particular password.

matto wob [h] shredzy infrequent sirL p00chy f1tzy

Ivo

GGLive

How to connect to a web server:

Code:
    http://example.com/subdir
    replace example with the domain name that directs to the web server's ip, or just the ip itself.
    replace com with the top-level domain of the web server. Not needed if using just an ip.
    replace subdir with a sub directory of the website.

e.g http://gotgames.com.au/forums

couldn't help myself

"It wasn't a DDOS." - xr6_turbo, on syntax
    [ep'] Ivoz - BC2